Minutes of Meetings
Please read all the listed information before downloading the application with the following link:
Click here to download the cadet application.
Annually the Shore Umpires Association holds an open enrollment and subsequent training classes for aspiring Softball and Baseball umpires who wish to become working umpires for both the Shore Umpire Association ("SUA") and the New Jersey State lnterscholastic Athletic Association ("NJSIAA").
To be considered for enrollment the following criteria must be met:
- Be 18 years of age by March 1, 2019 and be a High School graduate.
- Be physically able to run.
- Have access to a computer or smartphone and have an email address.
- Be available to umpire during the training season a minimum of 2 weekday games per week. Games start at 3:45PM.
- Attend a minimum of eight of the ten softball classes and the two baseball weekend sessions
Additionally, at the end of the class and field portion of the training program candidates must sit for the National Federation of High Schools ("NFHS") written 100 question examination which has a passing grade of 86.
- Classes are held at Monmouth Regional High School, One Norman J Field Way, Tinton Falls, NJ
- Classes are held from 7:30pm to 10:00pm
- Dates: February 5, 12, 19, 26, March 12, 19, 26, April 2, 9, 16, 18 (Exam)
- Field Session Date and Time TBA
- Classes are held at Manasquan Firehouse, 33 Abe Vorhees Drive, Manasquan, NJ
- Field Sessions are held at Atlantic Club, 1904 Atlantic Avenue, Manasquan, NJ
- Classes: Fridays, 6pm to 9pm, February 15 and 22; Saturdays, 9am to 4pm, February 16 and 23
- Field Session: Sunday, February 17 and 24, 10am to 2pm
- Exam date is TBA
If you choose to train for one sport (softball or baseball) there is a fee of $60.00. If you choose to train for both sports the fee is $100.00. Fees include all texts (rule books, case books & umpires manual), NJSIAA/SUA registration, insurance, exam costs and instructors' fees.
No refunds will.be made after the initial class.
Equipment and uniform expenses are extra. We will have a vendor come to a class for both sports to assist in acquiring the uniform and gear.
Softball Supervisor is John Bransley, 732-757-9873, email@example.com
Baseball Supervisor is Bruce Bresnahan, 732-740-0519, firstname.lastname@example.org